Information Desk (Front Line Customer Service) Charlie Norwood Veteran Affairs Medical Center
39 people are interested
1. Assignment Title
Information Desk Volunteer at Charlie Norwood VA Medical Center
Downtown Division: 950 15th Street Augusta, GA 30901 and
Uptown Division: 1 Freedom Way Augusta, GA 30904
(*If you are interested in this position please send an email to: VhaaugVoluntaryService@va.gov )
2. Purpose of Assignment: To provide excellent customer service by greeting and assisting Veterans and visitors the moment they enter the facility as well as by telephone.
· In a polite, professional manner, Volunteers answer phones and inquiries, providing callers, patients and visitors with accurate information.
· Receives non-monetary donations from visitors and delivers them to Voluntary Service Offices.
· Volunteers help Veterans check-in, inquire as to what area they need to go to and give them accurate directions to get to their destination.
· If a Veteran requires assistance getting around the facility, Information Desk/Ambassador Volunteers will assist as needed. Volunteers also assist other Volunteers with checking into the Voluntary Service System (VSS).
· Volunteers are expected to be reliable, punctual, record Volunteer hours in VSS, attend training sessions provided by Veterans Affairs Voluntary Service (VAVS) staff, practice good personal hygiene and fulfill the duties outlined in this position description.
· VA Volunteers interface with VA Staff and other Volunteers in a combined effort to provide quality service for Veterans. By providing accurate information, directing calls and assisting with check-in, Volunteers contribute to a seamless operation in a cooperative environment
4. Time Commitment Monday-Friday (8.am. - Noon), (Noon-4p.m.), (4p.m.-8p.m.)
· Pass a background check
6. Training and Skill Development
· Initial and annual volunteer training.
· Assignment specific training
Volunteer reports to: Voluntary Service Staff
8. Supporting policies
* VHA Handbook 1620.01
* Medical Center Policy MEMORANDUM NO. 119-14-01
· Lunch provided for volunteers working a 4 or more hour shift.
· Structured recognition/awards program
· Annual Flu Shot at no cost
· Eligible to join credit union
· Make tax-free purchases in Canteen store
· This position offers direct contact with the public in a relaxed, friendly environment and provides an opportunity for Volunteers to cultivate their communication and interpersonal skills.
We'll work with your schedule.
950 15th StAugusta, GA 30901
- Veteran Care
- We will take any time you can give!
- Customer Service, Veterans, Charlie Norwood VA Medical Center