1-2 hours per week? (volunteer needed / training - yes!)
- I have a hospice patient who wants companionship.
- I have a hospice patient who likes Big-Band & Patsy Cline music on You-Tube.
- I have a hospice patient that can’t talk but likes to have the bible read to them.
- I have a hospice patient that enjoys sharing his history and war-stories.
- Call Bingo or help cookouts and activities at facilities.
Hospice Volunteers are Servants hearts. YOU are precious for offering your time and YOU are making an IMPACT in the world, INSPIRING OTHERS - one patient, one family at a time.
Giving "our Time" equals Love - it translates to Hope, and brings comfort to others.
* I volunteered to care for the homeless in Athens TX. Our team had sheltered, fed, clothed, gave bed & bath, and prayed, offering spiritual support with the homeless people. One man in particular just needed a little company, someone to talk to. ...
... before I left - he thanked me for my offering - "my Time".
* (Love Me, love My people) - Matt 22:36-40
(these are the greatest commands)
* (Do for the least of these; feed, drink, shelter, clothe, visit sick, visit prison - and You've DONE these FOR ME! - Matt 25:31-46)
The smallest act of kindness is WORTH MORE than the grandest INTENTION. - Oscar Wilde