39 people are interested
Youth Leader - Youth Advisory Board
ORGANIZATION: AWOFINC - A Work of Faith Ministries, Inc.
Please visit the new page to apply.
39 people are interested
AWOFINC Youth Leaders Must................
- Be affiliated with AWOFINC or any affiliate program
- Be between the ages of 13 and 19 years of age
- Demonstrate and possess a full understanding of the commitment of the program
- Demonstrate respect for community, self, parents, elders, mentors, and others
- Demonstrate respect for the center/facility at all times
- Strive for excellence in the Youth Leadership & Development Program as well as community and educational pursuits
- Refrain from unproductive activities, illicit drugs, gang activities, premarital sex, alcohol, smoking, foul language, etc.
- Participate in all scheduled activities, unless there is a legitimate reason
- Present written documentation of any missed activities or events with parent's signature
- Wear appropriate attire for various occasions
- Be punctual at all times
- Possess the ability to accept sound advice from mentors, staff and instructors
- Be willing to accept and implement the specific procedures set forth by the YL&D Staff for cancellations of scheduled activities or last minute changes
- Complete all required tasks that are assigned by the YL & D staff
The National Youth Advisory Board of AWOFINC Community Youth Councils selects up to 12 CYC members for the National CYC Youth Advisory Board (YAB). The YAB will be composed of high school students from across the nation who have demonstrated leadership skills and service in their school and community, as well as having experience and service with the CYC program. These students should also possess a commitment to the ideals of CYC. Creative and energetic students are needed to create new materials, plan and attend National Workshops and provide the youth voice necessary to propel CYC to greater achievements. Applying for the National CYC YAB consists of 2 rounds of application processing. Completion of this form is required for Round One. Applicants moving to Round Two will be notified with additional information and phone interviews.
Rising high school freshman through senior year
Must be willing to be actively engaged as a member of an existing CYC chapter or other Youth Leadership Organization or School Student Organization
Committed to the ideals and principles of CYC, exemplifying these ideals and principles in all aspects of life.
Creative, energetic, and focused on restorative justice, safety and violence prevention efforts through CYC.
Selected Board Members will be required to:
Participate in conference calls.
Attend a leadership institute/summit planning weekend (Tentatively scheduled for October).
Participate in a National Presentation/Workshop during the school year (Date TBD).
Work independently on assignments throughout the year including answering a Question of the Month, writing an article for the CYC column of the organization's newsletter and website and talking with the media for interviews.
Assist in creating youth safety lesson plans and educational components for the CYC Essentials Manual.
Assist in fundraising activities.
Assist the National Association of CYC in activities and events throughout the year including assisting with a national service project, America's Safe School Week, National CYC Day, National Youth Violence Prevention Week, and National Youth Traffic Safety Month and other initiatives.
Work to strengthen your own CYC chapter while working in your local area to aid other chapters, as well as establish new chapters.
Exemplify leadership skills and positive character traits to represent the CYC chapters and youth in CYC nationwide.
*Travel expenses to institute and events will be covered in part by National CYC and fundraising efforts of National YAB. The scheduling of events will depend on funding availability. The National CYC Board of Directors and staff will determine dates and logistical information for events.
YOUTH ADVISORY BOARD MEMBERS MUST ATTEND ALL REQUIRED EVENTS AND EXEMPLIFY THE IDEALS AND PRINCIPLES OF CYC AT ALL TIMES OR ARE SUBJECT TO REMOVAL FROM THE YAB.
Download the YAB application or recommendation form at https://awofinc.wixsite.com/awofinc/yab
About AWOFINC - A Work of Faith Ministries, Inc.
Human Resources Development & Training, Chicago, IL 60649, US
The mission of AWOFINC is to significantly reduce illiteracy, unemployment, youth gang activity, drug and alcohol abuse, violence and homelessness by developing happy purposeful people committed to giving something back to the community.
AWOFINC is a community initiative that is designed to meet the needs of families who do not have the resources that are to attain the supplemental educational services that are needed to enhance the possibility of success for their children. For over two decades AWOFINC has addressed the critical educational, financial, and social needs of the families in Illinois.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
July 25, 2023
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Youth Services
- Community Outreach
- Background Check
- Must be at least 13
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum 3-5 hours per week
- Orientation and Training