JDRF Illinois Young Leadership Committee (YLC) is a group of young business and civic professionals who are actively involved with JDRF and are dedicated to finding a cure for type 1 diabetes (T1D)
why we’re here
The JDRF Illinois YLC goals are to create awareness of T1D among Chicagoland’s vibrant young professionals population and to raise money to fund diabetes research. With increased awareness, we hope to build a devoted support network for years of ongoing funding, as well as share important information about T1D and its complications.
how we’re different
The JDRF Illinois YLC is affiliated with the JDRF Illinois Chapter. The JDRF Illinois YLC is a dedicated group of entrepreneurial leaders with a unique depth and breadth of experiences from some of Chicago’s top companies and organizations. Our members have special links to the disease, whether they battle diabetes everyday personally or are connected through a friend, colleague or family member.
here’s how you can help
We need involvement and support from Chicagoland businesses, as well as corporate and civic community leaders like you, to help us create awareness, increase membership, and continue to raise funds for diabetes research. With your endorsement and support, whether it is through silent auction items, monetary donations, in-kind products, services and/or venues, you will help us come closer to finding a cure for the millions of people who are affected by diabetes each and every day.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- monthly meetings, fundraising activties each year
- membership requirements available upon request
- Walk or Special Events Committee...
- JDRF One Walk - Schaumburg, IL
- JDRF One Walk - Warrenville, IL
- Government Relations Advocate
- Young Leadership Committee Member
- JDRF One Walk - Chicago, IL
- JDRF One Walk - Libertyville, IL
- JDRF One Walk - Merrillville, IN
- Organize a third party fundraiser!
- JDRF One Walk - Orland Park, IL