10 REASONS TO VOLUNTEER WITH THE WORLDVIEW PROJECT:
1. You will be actively involved in furthering the cause of greater cross-cultural awareness, understanding and engagement. (It's what we do!)
2. You will work with smart, enthusiastic, talented and committed volunteers who hail from all over the world, of all ages.
3. You will work in a friendly, safe and supportive environment (please check our reviews!).
4. You can enhance your resume (employers often check to see if a job seeker volunteers). If you do a great job (and have put in sufficient time), you can ask for a reference.
5. You will do work that is important (although some routine tasks still have to be done!).
6. You will get to share your own international experiences (if any).
7. We will do our best to match your skills and interests with our needs.
8. You will have the opportunity to develop new skills or improve the ones you already have.
9. You may get to eat some outstanding ethnic food (and are encouraged to share!)
10. There is considerable room for growth in responsibility and the impact you have.
The Worldview Project is a San Diego based non-profit whose mission is to promote cross-cultural awareness, understanding and appreciation through: web-based resources, programs, publications, social networking and events.
Please read through this entire listing before contacting us as it contains important information regarding this opportunity.
General Volunteer Duties: We are seeking a volunteer who is interested in performing various office related tasks and has an open mind for learning. Duties might include office organization, scheduling, inventory, routine office tasks, records management and very occasionally run errands. Familiarity with Google Docs helpful.
Most of our work happens during normal business hours (10-5), with only occasional weekend or evening hours requested. Our minimun weekly commitment is 6 hours/week and we are looking for individuals who can make a 6-month commitment.
Widen your cultural horizons, hone your skills, enhance your resume, work with other amazing people from all over the world, learn more about the cultural treasures of San Diego, possibly get free passes to major local events and make a difference by volunteering with us!
Please visit our website: www.worldviewproject.org and our online magazine : www.parobs.org for more information.
When you write us (please don't telephone), it is helpful if you tell us a little bit about your skills, experience, interests and anything else you might want to share so that we may respond to your inquiry more fully. If you don't hear back from us in one week's time, feel free to call our office at (858) 964-0709, but please contact us first by email
- Office Management
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 15
- 6 months commitment
- Must come to the office a min of 2 days per week