Asian American LEAD Youth Leadership Empowerment and Development (AALEAD) is a youth development organization. Our mission is to support low-income and underserved Asian Pacific American youth with educational empowerment, identity development, and leadership opportunities through after school, summer, and mentoring programs. For more information, please visit our web site at www.aalead.org.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in managing classroom behavior;
- Support students individually or in groups on math and reading assisgnments;
- Carry out specific tasks, as directed by the teacher and/or teaching assistant, such as reading and writing assignments;
- Provide assistance with vocabulary and grammar;
- Correct student pronunciation, spelling and syntax;
- Assist with sport, recreational, art, and extracurricular activities;
- Have a great attitude and be ready to have some FUN!
- Foreign language skills are not required, but Spanish, Vietnamese, and Mandarin skills would be helpful
- Gain experience in areas of education and community-based non-profit work
- Build relationships with youth from our community
- Flexible scheduling
- Have fun with our students :)
- Time commitment is flexible.
- We ask that volunteers commit to at least 2 hours per week for at least 3 months.
- Program meets Monday through Friday after school
- Complete AALEAD Volunteer Application on AALEAD website (www.aalead.org).
- Schedule a brief interview so we can get to know your interests and strengths.
- Attend an AALEAD Volunteer Orientation and Training.
- For questions, please email Vi Bui, Youth Mentoring & Volunteer Programs Coordinator at email@example.com
- Child Development
- Youth Services
- Teaching / Instruction
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 14
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hours/week