23 people are interested
Assist staff with office tasks on needed basis. We request a regular schedule of hours per week.
- Assist with publicizing special projects and events
- Assist with general marketing and content development for our newsletters, website and blog
- Research local professional hosts for proposals and cultural activities, assist with agenda development and data tracking
- Help with event planning for special events
- Assist with scheduling and managing interpreter/client relations for translation/interpretation services
- Offer basic office assistance, including database management
About Iowa International Center
3839 Merle Hay Road, SUITE 259, Des Moines, IA 50310, US
We build cultural respect at home and around the world one person at a time.
Founded in 1938, the Iowa International Center began by welcoming and providing safety for refugees fleeing Germany and Poland. For over 75 years, we have provided personal and professional opportunities linking Iowans with peoples from around the world. The Iowa International Center also provides access to critical resources to Iowans, new Iowans (including refugees and immigrants), and international visitors in Iowa to help our state become a more inclusive and welcoming place to live, work and raise a family.
The Iowa International Center's key programs and activities include the following:
Multilingual Resources for New Iowans, Refugees and Immigrants - Welcometoiowa.org and a free 24/7 Statewide Emergency Interpretation Hotline.
Interpretation and Translation Services - professional interpretation and document translation.
The Sehgal Foundation International Visitors Center - we host more than 130 global leaders annually for professional exchanges and local hosting opportunities.
We'll work with your schedule.
3839 Merle Hay RoadSte. 259Des Moines, IA 50310
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Data Entry
- People 55+
- 10-15 hours per week