Give the Gift of Compassion- Non-profit Hospice Seeking Loving Volunteers
5 people are interested
Join our team!
Our Heartland volunteers offer support, companionship, and practical, compassionate help.
As a volunteer with Heartland, you would help us decide which tasks you are comfortable performing. Our volunteers help enrich the lives of our patients by:
- Helping with office support tasks at the agency
- Making phone calls to patient homes to make sure they have all the medical supplies they need
- Running errands for patients and families
- Staying with patients so family members can get a much-needed rest
- Reading or doing other enjoyable activities with patients
- Bringing a friendly support dog to comfort the patient
- Keeping vigil with patients in their final hours
We need volunteers in Dallas, Rome, Canton, Kennesaw, Cumming, and Cartersville! You decide what you would like to do and manage your own schedule. We will also work with schools and colleges to develop unpaid internships for course credit. We are always excited to get to work with friendly and caring people and if that's you don't hesitate to join our team!
Volunteer Coordinator for Heartland Hospice
About Heartland Hospice
328 East Main St suite 201, Suite 825, Cartersville, GA 30120, US
We believe that our mission is to enrich lives. That begins with every life we encounter: our employees, our patients and those who love and care for them, the communities in which we operate, our stakeholders and those who are yet to become our customers.
Our volunteers are the heart of our hospice team. We depend on our hospice volunteers to help us provide the extra love and care our patients and their families need at the time in their life.
Volunteers offer support, companionship and practical, compassionate help to this special group of people. Whether it is running errands, staying with the patient so family members can take a break, reading to a patient or holding their hand, the help and support our volunteers give is returned to them in countless ways.
Make a difference - join the Heartland team!
We'll work with your schedule.
328 East Main St suite 201cartersville, GA 30120
- Elder care
- Customer Service
- Data Entry
- Hospice Care
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- As much time as you can give
- We can come to you for training and we will work with your schedule