This is a fantastic opportunity for businesses to get involved in a mentoring programme for young people in secondary schools that provides a package of opportunities to raise the aspirations of young people and close the gap between those aspirations and their attainment. The programme uses positive role models to improve students’ confidence, self-efficacy and employability.
We are seeking up to 20 business volunteers.
There are two main parts to the programme:
Group Mentoring - Schools identify a group of between 20 - 30 young people. A group of mentors will then go into each school with each mentor working with a small group of 3 students who participate in a range of mentoring activities, which will directly enhance their ability to compete in future educational and professional environments.
Mentor Commitment: 6 x 1 hour sessions
Mosaic Enterprise Challenge - Students experience a realistic business scenario where they produce, develop and market a new product through a unique online business game. The competition encourages students to demonstrate how key components of business come together to determine success.
- People Skills
- Sales Coaching & Training
- Human Resources Training & Development
- Problem Solving
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Mentor a Work Experience Student...
- Future Gold - Enterprise Event
- Work Ready Conference in School
- Work Ready Event - Gearing up...
- Entrepreneurship Challenge -...
- Business Ambassadors for Skills...
- Speaker for Mini Vans Enterprise...
- Interview skills required
- Be a Mentor for Mosaic (part of...
- Do you have the skills to work?...