Seeking a committed volunteer to help UHHR clinical staff and medical director to advocate for UHHR clients in the following ways:
- Help uninsured clients access health services through community partner medical clinics that have an existing relationship with UHHR. This will include making referrals and/or following-up on referrals made to our community partners.
- Entering all newly prescribed medications into a database during the bi-weekly psychiatry clinic and recording any new/discontinued medications on the client’s wallet medication card.
- Sending a letter to the Primary Care Physician about any medication changes made at the time of the psychiatry clinic.
- Provide medical advocacy for clients by contacting PCPs or other health care providers on an as needed basis if UHHR clients have questions about their medications, other health concerns, or have a new medical need.
- Assist uninsured clients with filling out forms to obtain free prescription medications.
- Assure that clients in the psychiatry clinic are able to fill their new prescriptions.
- Physician Assistant
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- 4-6 hours a week for 6 months