Would you like to make an impact in the future of a child victim of abuse or neglect? CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocates) are appointed by judges to give a voice in court for abused and neglected children in Larimer County.
Volunteers visit with the children weekly, gather information from family members, medical professionals, teachers and therapists, and then make recommendations to the court regarding services for and placement of the children. CASA volunteers give unique insight in the court proceedings as, unlike parents, foster parents or lawyers, they do not have a personal investment in the case.
CASA volunteers attend 35 hours of training and commit to stay with each case until it is closed (usually 12-18 months) and the child is placed in a safe, permanent home. For many abused children, their CASA volunteer will be the one constant adult presence in their lives during this difficult time. Contact us now to find out how you can make a difference!
- Child Welfare
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 15-20 hours per month for 12-18 months
- Please include your phone number
- Are you a good listener? Be a...
- Stand up for victims. Be a first...
- Are You a People Person With a...
- Become a Healthy Homes Educator...
- Male Volunteers Needed!
- Pampering Time! Provide...
- BINGO! This volunteer...
- Do you have sewing skills?
- Admin support for a great...
- Art Program Leader
- Make new friends while you...
- Get in shape while building a...
- Enjoy reminiscing with seniors?
- Help Kids Learn, Play, & Grow!
- Serving Smiles with Lunch!
- Everybody needs somebody!
- Make a Friend with an Estes Park...
- Support a senior's independence
- Want to work at a museum?
- Loveland Needs a Few Good Men!