The front desk team of staff and volunteers is the first line of support for the public access computer center. You will help us maintain a welcoming and supportive atmosphere at CRPIC.
- Create a welcoming environment and provide assistance to the public on how to use the center (signing in, using the computers, available services and classes, etc.)
- Provide basic computer assistance to the public on an informal, as-needed basis (based on specific questions, and your level of computer knowledge)
- Answer phones and handle phone inquiries
- Assist the public with printing, faxing, and scanning, and collect appropriate service fees
- Assist people in choosing and registering for classes
- Schedule one-on-one tutoring sessions for the public, as requested
- Perform basic clerical and data entry tasks
NOTE: Volunteers who complete 20 hours of service may attend one of the CRPIC's basic computer classes at no charge as long as the class has a sufficient number of paid enrollments (determined by CRPIC management) and a seat is available.
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16