ARLINGTON: Our Hospice patients need your Smile & Companionship!
70 people are interested
Envoy Hospice is looking for Direct Patient Volunteers to be COMPANIONS for some of our Patients! If you have 1-2 Hours per week to devote to Volunteering, we'd love to hear from you!
Some of the duties of a Direct Patient Volunteer are:
- Hold their hands
- Rub lotion on their hands/forearms
- Play Music for them on your cell phone or Ipad
- Push them around in their wheelchair
- Read to them
- Relieve a Caregiver who needs a 2-3 Hour break!
- Celebrate Birthdays
- Make Birthday Cards
- Possibly help Facilities with Activities/Events/Bingo/Family Nights/Holiday Celebrations/Decorations/etc.
- Decorate walls - Some of our Patients lay in bed & look at the same thing ALL day
- Paint fingernails
- Be creative! If you like, you may also deliver Teddy Bears, Blankets, fidget items, Flowers, Birthday Greetings, Birthday Cards, Call Families, etc.
We'll work with your schedule.
N FielderArlington, TX 76012
- Exhibition Arts
- Elder care
- Music Arts
- Community Outreach
- Hospice Care
- People Skills
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1 or 2 hours per week
- Current Driver's License, Current Car Insurance, Social Security Card or Passport, TB Testing, Background Check & New Volunteer Training (all provided for free)