Retired? Meaningful Volunteer Opportunities!
DONATE TO THIS
12 people are interested
Bring your skills to support Uhuru Furniture, an economic development project of the African People's Education and Defense Fund.
Are you retired? We are looking for people just like you to help in our store, in the community and on special projects.
We have a variety of volunteer opportunities that might be the perfect fit for you! Here are some examples:
- Merchandising - cleaning, organizing, price-tagging, making the store look attractive with new items coming in several times per day
- Sales Assistance - welcoming customers, informing about our sales, assisting in measuring items, finding answers to their questions
- Community Outreach - taking our print materials including posters, postcards, flyers and business cards to specific businesses and campuses in our community to post them, participating in neighborhood outreach with a team
- Creating our NZO line - incorporating African design into furniture including sewing pillow cases, reupholstering dining chairs, painting furniture, painting stencils and more
- Repairing and Upgrading items - making small repairs, oiling items, reinforcing pieces
- Office Administration - answering phones, data entry, organizing files
- Unpacking Collectibles - a special project we do every Thursday from 1 - 3 pm includes unpacking up to 20 boxes of donated collectibles and finding homes for the new items on the shelves
We look forward to hearing from you!
Respond to this post or contact us with any questions at: email@example.com 510-763-3342
Uhuru Furniture & Collectibles 3742 Grand Ave., Oakland, CA 94610
Check our blog www.uhurufurniture.blogspot.com for new items and volunteer projects.
Open 6 days a week! Tuesday -Sunday 11am - 6pm Closed Mondays
When you volunteer at Uhuru Furniture You make a difference! 100% of the profits benefit the African People's Education and Defense Fund (APEDF.org). The mission of APEDF is to defend the human and democratic rights of the African community and to address the grave disparities in education, health, and economic development of the African community. Uhuru Furniture sets the standard for a Green Business - 100% of our merchandise is recycled. We are a certified Green Business Ally by Green America.
We'll work with your schedule.
3742 Grand AvenueOakland, CA 94610
- People 55+
- Orientation or Training