Brain Cancer needs you to Recruit Volunteers!
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where14959 NE 95th StreetRedmond, WA 98052
Purpose: The Volunteer Recruiter & Coordinator will function as a vital part of the CEF team, coordinating with various segments of the organization while reporting directly to the Executive Director. The primary purpose of this position is to manage all aspects of our volunteer program, including recruitment and retention.
Key Responsibilities of the Volunteer Recruiter & Coordinator will include:
- Develop new programs for volunteer recruitment, interviewing, orientation, recognition and retention, and continually refine and improve existing programs.
- Maintain relevant job description postings on web sites like VolunteerMatch, Idealist, United Way, the Microsoft Intranet and the Chris Elliott Fund home page.
- Interview prospective volunteers and ensure that the volunteer’s skills and interests match the needs of the volunteer position being sought. Suggest alternative opportunities if they do not.
- Coordinate or facilitate training and orientation of new volunteers.
- Maintain a current bank of available volunteer positions and job descriptions.
- Maintain a current volunteer roster and contact list. Update volunteer application/profile form as needed.
- Acquire and maintain sound understanding of the Chris Elliott Fund and its mission. Effectively convey to new and prospective volunteers how they will contribute to that mission.
- Function as representative and liaison between volunteers, CEF Chairs and Board of Directors.
Qualifications & Characteristics helpful to a Volunteer Recruiter and Coordinator include:
- Willingness to be point of contact for volunteer recruitment via email and telephone.
- Strong leadership skills. Able to balance the needs and expectations of the volunteers with the needs and expectations of CEF.
- Ability to work well with a varied and diverse group of people.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Conflict resolution skills and people management/supervisory experience helpful.
Time Commitment: One should expect to spend approximately 5 hours per week on this position.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment