Group Service Project - Support Social Justice for the African Community
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
DONATE TO THIS
17 people are interested
Uhuru Furniture will work with you to set up a group "Door Hanging Day". Your group is invited to volunteer together on a single day for a four hour block of time. We'll provide a brief training, water and snacks. (Lunch is sometimes available for larger groups.) We go out every Saturday and Sunday from 11am-3pm but we can tailor that to a day you need.
Your efforts will support the African People's Education and Defense Fund (www.apedf.org). APEDF is building programs across the country to address the disparities faced by the black community in health, education, economic development and human rights.
What is "Door hanging"?
- An activity that is great for medium to large groups.
- Promotes Uhuru Furniture all over the Bay Area to potential furniture donors and shoppers
- Organized sub-teams of two to hang Uhuru Furniture flyers on doorknobs in designated blocks (no knock and talk)
- Reaches donors right at their door and Uhuru gets immediate and future donations!
- A fun outdoor project that is mildly physical and lets you explore the Bay Area
If your group engages in community service or your school has a community service requirement for all students, the Uhuru Furniture "Door Hanging Day" is perfect! 510-763-3342. http://tinyurl.com/
We'll work with your schedule.
3742 Grand AvenueOakland, CA 94610
- People 55+