Fitness Instructor - JASA Brookdale Village Senior Center
9 people are interested
Regular exercise is an essential part of a healthy lifestyle. Lead a weekly exercise class for seniors to help keep them in top shape.
- Lead a group of seniors in weekly walking-in-place, fitness, zumba, yoga or class of your choice
- Create exercise routines suitable for varied physical abilities
- Communicate effectively and courteously with JASA seniors and staff
- Exercise certification
- Experience leading seniors in exercises
- Experience with group exercise classes
- Knowledge of several light exercise techniques
- Comfortable leading a group of varying skill levels
- Flexible scheduling is available with a minimum commitment of one day a week
- Ongoing opportunity
- Maintain professional behavior at all times and adhere to JASA’s volunteer policies
Founded in 1968, JASA's mission is to sustain and enrich the lives of the aging in the New York metropolitan area so that they can remain in the community with dignity and autonomy. JASA is one of New York's largest and most trusted agencies serving older adults in the Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, and Queens.
We'll work with your schedule.
131 Beach 19th StreetFar Rockaway, NY 11691
- Physical Education
- People Skills
- Fitness Instruction
- Teaching / Instruction
- People 55+
- once a week during weekday business hours