Every child at Camp Noah receives a tied fleece blanket to use and take home at the end of camp. The blankets are wonderful gifts, but more than that, they are a recovery tool for children, providing much needed comfort as they continue to process their disaster and/or trauma experience.
Blanket Size: 60 inches by 72 inches (approximately twin bed-sized)
Fairness is very important to children, so we ask that all blankets be as close to this size as possible. Please use youth appropriate fabrics, typically toward the older end of the childhood spectrum. Bright, gender-neutral fabrics work the best, and please stay away from very specifically themed prints (e.g. sports, Disney, hunting, etc.). Campers range in age from 6 to 13.
1. Purchase two 2-yard pieces of fleece in complimentary colors/patterns.
2. Lay one piece of fleece on top of the other on a flat surface, making sure that the correct sides are facing outward.
3. Cut fringe (approximately 1 inch wide, 4-5 inches long) around the entire rectangle. Make sure you cut the two pieces of fleece simultaneously so the fringe strips are lined up.
4. You will need to remove a square of fabric at each corner.
5. Match up the two strips (one from each piece of fleece) and double-tie them.
6. Repeat around the whole blanket until all of the fabric strips are tied.
*Please consider committing to make enough blankets for an entire camp (50). However, we welcome donations of any number of fleece blankets!
Completed fleece blankets can be delivered or shipped to:
Luther Seminary: Bockman Hall
ATTN: Camp Noah (Office 219)
2375 Como Avenue
Saint Paul, MN 55108
Visist our website for more detailed information on In-Kind Donations for Camp Noah: http://www.lssmn.org/campnoah/in-kind-donations/
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Be a companion for a senior.
- Make A Meal Volunteer
- Make Fleece Blankets for Camp...
- Training Intern
- Homeless Youth Apartment...
- Meals on Wheels Drivers
- Childcare volunteer
- Resident Advisor
- Immersion Experience
- Connect for Kids - Volunteer in...
- Crisis Nursery Volunteer
- Shelter Support Volunteer
- Family Support Volunteer
- Respite Care Volunteer
- Support Youth Experiencing...