Weekend Warrior Farm Volunteers
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
210 people are interested
Spring Reins of Life (SROL) is seeking volunteers on the weekends to help on the farm. Volunteer hours are on both Saturdays and Sundays from 11am-2pm. The main core of farm volunteer work is to help us clean up after a week of session work and prepare for the upcoming week. In the spring and fall, we also have farm projects. Horse experience is not necessary, we will train you.
Ongoing regular duties include:
- Barn Cleaning: waiting room, group room, bathrooms (2), sweeping, dusting/ cob-webbing, etc.
- Healthy amount of manure management (picking manure from paddocks, dry-lots, arenas, etc)
- Cleaning and refreshing session (programming) equipment
- Landscaping, weeding, watering plants
- Scrubbing water buckets, water troughs,
- Various other duties as they arise within needs of the Herd, the Barn, the Farm and our Clients
Most of the farm volunteer duties will involve work outdoors but we will assign indoor tasks if the weather is inclement. We ask that all farm volunteers commit to doing one (1) shift per month per season. We allow volunteers to take more than 1 shift per month once we both have determined a good fit.
If the farm volunteering is not of interest to you but you still want to help, please contact us. We have committees to work on outreach, awareness, administrative tasks, fundraising and also donations, social media, website, administrative and graphics needs, etc.
"Sometimes life's most complex and difficult questions...just may be resolved with the help and guidance of...A HORSE!"
*Note: There is some limited availability for a couple of adults who are local to the farm and have significant horse experience to volunteer during the weekdays (AM or PM), if you fit this description and cannot make weekends work, please reach out to us and indicate that.
We'll work with your schedule.
401 Main StreetHunt Cap Farms(must be signed up - no walk-ins allowed)Three Bridges, NJ 08887
- Resource Development / Management
- Animal Therapy
- Animal Care / Handling
- People 55+
- Must be at least 13
- One 3 hour shift per month required (minimum) per season.