Volunteer Faculty are responsible for the delivery of Life Learning Center (LLC) curriculum; for conducting designed exercises; answering questions; assigning homework; and administering member evaluations.
- Teaching curriculum as designed
- Conducting interactive breakout sessions as designed
- Managing in-class participation and member behavior
- Conducting post-class evaluations and summaries
- Offering feedback on member participation and suggesting areas for improvement to the Director of Education.
- Adhering to the LLC Code of Conduct as defined in the Volunteer Faculty Handbook
- Awareness of LLC Volunteer rights and responsibilities as defined in the Volunteer Faculty Handbook
- Providing feedback on member performance to the Director of Education
- Offering suggestions for improvement to the Director of Education
Highly Disciplined: Faculty members must be highly disciplined, committed to teaching and delivering the curriculum assignments with consistency, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.
Professional: Faculty members must conduct themselves professionally in speech, language, dress and contact with members and staff.
Intelligent/Knowledgeable: Faculty members must meet a minimum level of acumen, ability to learn the curriculum, policies and procedures of the LLC and shall studiously learn the data and the curriculum. Faculty shall be able to constructively react and respond to events, situations and problematic or crisis-level conditions. Faculty shall be responsible for constructive input, reporting and other administrative activities.
Experienced/Seasoned: Faculty members shall be experienced in life, successful, and mature.
- Training experience or teaching at some level is a good foundation, but not essential.
- Personal experience in difficult life situations wherein volunteer has successfully overcome the challenges presented is a desired quality.
- Experience, education or training in counseling is a favorable skill indicator.
- Extensive executive management of people and/or human resource management is helpful.
- Extensive experience in select socially oriented agencies or services, even governmental services, may produce successful faculty candidates.
Reports to: the Director of Education, Life Learning Center
- Teaching / Instruction
- Adult Education
- Basic Computer Skills
- Life Coaching
- Group Facilitation
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible according to your schedule!
- Once a week or once a month commitment!