1 person is interested
Spanish Recipe Editing Volunteer
ORGANIZATION: Capital Area Food Bank
Please visit the new page to apply.
1 person is interested
If you're interested in this position, please click here to complete our online application.
Position Overview: The Capital Area Food Bank, founded in 1980, is the largest nonprofit food distribution and nutrition education resource in the Washington Metro area; servicing the community through direct service and its network of partner agencies.
The Healthy Eating Department seeks a volunteer who can edit and proof read already translated recipe cards. The Spanish Recipe Editing Volunteer will be part of our Healthy Food Promotions Volunteer Team. This team of volunteers is pivotal to the development of a bilingual recipe card database, recipe testing and demoing, cooking classes, and healthy food trainings for our partner agencies.
- Receive English and Spanish versions of recipe cards and respond to CAFB staff to confirm reception
- Edit, proof read, and return recipes within 48 hours.
- Edit recipes to be grammatically correct and understood by a variety of Spanish language communities (i.e. not using country specific vocabulary or slang)
- Be available for consultation after initial editing as well as for other materials created by Healthy Eating Department
- Native Spanish speaker with proper written grammar and vocabulary
- Minimum age requirement 18 years old
- Basic knowledge or interest in nutrition, health, or cooking
- Ability to work from home and edit materials within 48 hours of receiving
- Ability to communicate by phone and email with Recipe Production Coordinator when needed
- Reliable, responsive to email and phone, detail oriented, and easy to work with
Volunteer Work Schedule and Hours:
The Healthy Eating Department seeks volunteers who are available 3-5 hours a month. The schedule is irregular and will depend on when recipe cards are produced and require editing. Volunteer will receive and edit Spanish version of recipe card via email. They will then return to Recipe Production Coordinator within 48 hours of receiving the document.
Position Location: Editing will not occur at the Capital Area Food Bank; volunteers will work from offsite locations
Impact of this volunteer opportunity: The Healthy Eating Department’s focus is to create nutrition standards, increase the demand for healthy foods and build self-reliance through our education and training programs. The main role of the Spanish Language Recipe Card Volunteer is to enhance the outreach and effectiveness of the HFP Program. The work will be pivotal to the development of a bilingual recipe card database that will greatly assist our 700 partner agencies.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Capital Area Food Bank
4900 Puerto Rico Ave, NE, Washington, DC 20017, US
The mission of the Capital Area Food Bank is to create access to good, healthy food in every community.
In a region as large as metropolitan Washington, ensuring everyone has access to good, healthy food takes a significant community effort-which is why we partner with over 450 nonprofit organizations in DC and the surrounding region. Together, we provide 30 million meals to almost half a million area residents, every year. And because we know that food alone won’t solve hunger, we also address the root causes of hunger through multiple education programs and innovative service delivery partnerships.
It’s a big undertaking. And it’s all made possible by the generosity of our donors, the hard work of our partners, and the dedication of our volunteers and staff.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
November 16, 2012
- People 55+