Help Cancer Patients and their families! Become a Cancer Resource Center Lead Chair.
20 people are interested
THIS YEAR ACROSS OUR GREAT WEST DIVISION WE ARE HELPING OVER 19,000 CANCER PATIENTS AND THEIR FAMILIES GET THE INFORMATION AND HELP THEY NEED THROUGH OUR CANCER RESOURCE CENTERS.
WON'T YOU JOIN THEM?
The goal of the American Cancer Society is to provide information and support to newly diagnosed cancer patients to support better decision making and improve the quality of life of cancer patients. To make this as easy as possible for the patients, we are going to them with the Cancer Resource Centers. A Cancer Resource Center (CRC) is a designated space in a cancer treatment facility where highly trained American Cancer Society volunteers provide materials and information on ACS programs and community resources.
Position: Cancer Resource Center Lead Chair
Location: St. Joseph Medical Center in Tacoma
Time Frame: 1-2 years
Responsible to: Staff Partner
Summary: The Cancer Resource Center (CRC) Lead Chair directs the efforts of the CRC committee. The CRC Chair oversees committee chairs recruitment and committee goals and progress. The Chair promotes the CRC to community physicians, social workers and other medical professionals to increase referrals to the CRC.
- Identify, recruit and retain CRC committee members and daily volunteers. With assistance and input from staff partner, identify your CRC Chair successor to achieve a smooth and seamless transition of leadership for the following year.
- Organize and facilitate monthly CRC committee meetings. Serve as the contact person for CRC Volunteers and facility liaison.
- Guide the committee in setting and accomplishing its goals and objectives. Work with committee chairs to set goals and implement CRC best practices.
- Maintain volunteer schedule and update as needed
Qualifications: Commitment to the American Cancer Society mission. Management experience. Ability to work in a close volunteer/staff partnership. Excellent leadership skills. Knowledge of the local community. Ability to communicate clearly in person, via telephone and in writing.
Support Provided: Cancer Resource Center orientation and training and annual update training. Training on all programs, information and materials. Cancer Resource Center Chair Handbook
Staff & Volunteer Partners: Cancer Resource Center Committee, Local ACS staff partner
We'll work with your schedule.
St. Joseph Medical Center1717 South J StreetTacoma, WA 98405
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 4 hours a month time commitment