Looking for a volunteer opportunity that will have a direct impact on the lives of working families? Help with VITA (Volunteer Income Tax Assistance)
Have you had your Federal Taxes prepared professionally before? How much did it cost you? $150? $200? $400?!! Low income Families and Individuals need this extra income and cannot afford to "give it away", this is where you can help! VITA volunteers go through in-person and online IRS Training to learn how to prepare simple and if you choose advanced Federal income tax returns and then use those learned skills to help community members prepare their Federal Taxes Free of any Charge!
VITA Volunteers help families claim valuable tax credits, creating a financial safety net while bringing hundreds of thousands of dollars back into community pockets all while learning a valuable skill you can use forever and looks great on a resume!
As a VITA volunteer, you will receive:
- IRS developed training.
- Professional Tax and Software in house & virtual Training.
- Quick Reference Guides and Publications for you to keep.
- The Satisfaction of Helping Others in your Community!
Benefits of Volunteering
- Gain a valuable and marketable skill
- Make new friends! This is a great opportunity to meet other people in our community who are dedicated to helping others.
- Satisfaction of knowing that you had a direct impact on our community. Imagine helping someone put food on the table or saving someone from a mortgage foreclosure. As a VITA volunteer, you will help individuals and families keep their hard-earned money!
- New Volunteer orientations yearly November 1st - December 31st.
- Online training is offered year round.
- In Person Training weekly on Saturdays December 1st - January 30th.
- Speciality Training Subject Options for those eager beavers!
- Free & IRS provided!!
- Tax Law
- Financial Literacy
- Basic Computer Skills
- Office Reception
- Program Management
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 4 hrs. per week Jan - April - very flexible
- training and test to certify