For 35 years, Canal Alliance has been a nonprofit champion of immigrants who are challenged by a lack of resources and an unfamiliar environment. We believe that everyone has the right to achieve their dreams. Every day, Canal Alliance educates, empowers and supports motivated immigrants to best meet their unique needs - from putting food on the table to becoming American citizens to gaining critical English language skills and graduating from college. Because when we support immigrants, Marin becomes a place where everyone can live, work and succeed. Each year, Canal Alliance collaborates with over 40 agencies and engages 500 volunteers to impact more than 4,000 youth, adults and families.
Food Pantry and Open Market Assistants
Provide access to healthy, free groceries.
Our Food Pantry runs every Tuesday from 7:30 am to 12:30 pm, all year longResponsibilities
- Stock shelves
- Monitor and help clients in the walk-through system
- Set-up, and break-down open market
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work effectively with culturally diverse staff and participants.
- Patience and problem-solving skills.
- Basic knowledge of customer service principles
- Basic knowledge of safe food handling principles
- Basic knowledge of proper body mechanics when lifting (no more than 10 lbs.)
- Bilingual English - Spanish (preferred but no required)
To apply, click here: https://www.canalalliance.org/volunteer
- Customer Service
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- Crisis Intervention
- Immigration Law
- Food Service
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 2 to 5 hours on a Tuesday morning
- Commitment to volunteer for a whole month strongly preferred.