We are seeking volunteers who are willing to be trained in the field of disaster preparedness primarily for Seniors. Once trained, you will speak to groups of seniors (senior centers, senior clubs, etc) and educate them on how to prepare for a disaster.
This program is a collaboration between the Office of Aging and Red Cross.
This is a great opportunity to assist our most vulnerable population to save lives and property in a case of emergency.
- Public Speaking
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 55
- Orientation or Training
- Approx 4 hrs per month after training
- Must be able to travel within the county
- Interactive StoryTelling
- MEDICAL TRANSPORTATION DRIVER
- RSVP VOLUNTEERS - Monroe County PA
- Bi-Lingual Spanish Volunteers
- Grocery Shoppers
- RESPITE CARE VOLUNTEERS
- School Tutors
- MINOR HOME REPAIRS
- MONROE COUNTY RSVP
- Meals on Wheels Driver -...
- Disaster Preparedness Public...
- Speakers Bureau
- Drivers for Cancer Patients
- FRIENDLY VISITOR