The purpose of this position is to assist the nursing associates in meeting the needs of patients.
- Answer call lights, change beds, and replenish water pitchers.
- Assist patients with sitting up in bed or getting OOB to the chair at mealtime, ordering meals and assisting with feeding.
- Assemble charts, packets and paperwork and answer phones upon request by staff.
- Assist the staff by running errands to the lab, x-ray department, material management, medical records and other hospitaldepartments.
- Transport patients by wheelchair when released from the hospital.
- Assist patients with walking the halls or around their rooms.
- Restock unit supply areas; assist with organization of storage areas.
- Assist staff with other duties upon request.
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 14
- Orientation or Training
- 6 Month Commitment
- Emergency Room Angel
- Cardiac Services Volunteer
- Main Entrance Patient Escort
- Medical Records Volunteer
- Quality/Performance Enhancement
- Information Desk Greeter
- Hospitality Cart Volunteer
- Senior Bahavioral Unit Volunteer
- Print Shop Volunteer
- Outpatient/ PACU Volunteer
- Pet Therapy Escort
- Marketing Volunteer
- Surgery Waiting Room Volunteer
- Radiology Dept. Volunteer
- 4th Floor Nursing Unit: Joint &...
- Providence Place Volunteer...
- Volunteer Office Volunteer
- Mother/ Baby Unit Greeter
- Courtesy Shuttle Driver
- Volunteer Nurse's Aid - 5th Floor