West Valley Community Services (WVCS)* is looking for 2 volunteers to assist with Monday morning Grocery pickup. This shift is from approciamtely 8:00am-9:30am. Volunteers would accompany a fellow volunteer who is familiar with the shift. Volunteers drive the van to the store, load the donations, then drive them back to WVCS. The food goes straight to our Food Pantry where it is available to our clients that day.
WVCS has wonderful relationships with local grocery stores to provide clients with fresh produce and bread, things that many typical food pantries cannot provide. In order to provide these goods to clients, we look for volunteers to help us pick up these donated groceries and bring them into the food pantry.
*West Valley Community Services (WVCS) is a basic needs organization that serves people in need in the Cupertino, Los Gatos, Monte Sereno, Saratoga, and West San Jose areas. The mission of WVCS is to encourage the sharing of community resources, to provide basic human needs in a caring and dignified environment, and to provide opportunities for volunteers to participate in WVCS' activities.
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 1 shift per week, for an 8-week minimum commitment
- Comfortably lift 40 pounds or more
- Planting and Harvesting our...
- Food Pantry - Monday Morning
- Food Pantry - Wednesday Mornings
- Grocery Pick-up - Wednesday...
- Front Desk - Thursdays 8am-12noon
- Grocery Pick-up - Monday...
- Front Desk - Tuesdays 8am-12noon
- Website Maintence/Design
- Front Desk - Thursdays Afternoon
- Food Pantry - Friday Afternoons
- Front Desk - Tuesday Afternoons
- Fundraising/Marketing Volunteer
- Auto Technician...
- Translator/Interpreter (as...
- Be a Financial Coach! (English...
- Grocery Pick-up - Friday...
- Grocery Pick-up - Thursday...
- Food Pantry - Tuesday Mornings
- Food Pantry - Thursday Mornings