Director of Community Resource Development (& Assistant Director of Community Resource Development)
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
20 people are interested
StandUp For Kids is committed to the help and rescue of homeless and street kids. We do this, every day, in cities across America. We carry out our mission through our volunteers who go to the streets in order to find, stabilize and otherwise help homeless and street kids improve their lives. We have been on the streets since January 1990 and continue to grow our organization to help America's homeless youth.
The Director of Community Resource Development manages the local program's relationship with active and potential community partners that provide services to runaway and homeless youth. This is also includes larger scale community education and advocacy. Many of the responsibilities of this position will require coordination with the Directors of Public Relations, Marketing and Adult Training.
- Organizes presentations and speaking engagements with civic groups, service agencies, schools and other philanthropic organizations and/or businesses;
- Builds a relationship with other social service providers to learn about the other services that are available to homeless and street youth;
- Builds a relationship with other social service providers to inform them of the services offered by StandUp For Kids;
- Collaborates with social service providers to assist runaway, homeless and street youth;
- Advocates for the needs of street youth locally, regionally and nationally.
About StandUp for Kids - Hampton Roads
Virginia Beach, VA 23450, US
Ending the cycle of youth homelessness. We do this in cities across America, one youth at a time.
StandUp for Kids - Hampton Roads is the second oldest StandUp For Kids chapter, having been established in 1991 at the Virginia Beach oceanfront. Our volunteers serve homeless youth up to age 24 and their dependents through the following programs:
Drop In Center
The Drop In Center provides hot meals, games/crafts, counseling, and assistance with immediate needs three times per week
Street Outreach Program
The Street Outreach program is an opportunity to meet youth where they are; held in conjunction with the Drop In Center hours
High School Mentoring Initiative
In partnership with Old Dominion University, high school students are paired with college mentors that help support their educational goals. Through this initiative, we support a "Pay for Grade" program to further encourage our students’ success
We'll work with your schedule.
Virginia Beach, VA 23450
- People 55+