"A Matter of Balance" is designed to help older adults manage concerns about falls and increase physical activity. Lifespan is training volunteer coaches to provide this program in Livingston County!
- Coaches help participants become more confident about managing falls by knowing they can increase their strength, find ways to reduce falls, and protect themselves if they do fall.
- Full training is provided. The two-part coach training class combines video, group discussion, exercise activities, use of workbook, and practice teaching activities. All materials are supplied.
- Coaches also need to be able to lead low to moderate level exercise.
- Coaches over the age of 55 are particularly sought for peer-led classes.
Instructors are also needed to run chronic disease self-management classes. Help an adult find practical ways to deal with pain and fatigue, discover better nutrition and exercise choices, understand new treatment choices, and learn better ways to talk with your doctor and family about their health.
CONTACT Kathy Wood at 369-4294 or email@example.com(This opportunity is available to volunteers in both Monroe and Livingston counties. Coaches particularly needed in Livingston County.)
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 55
- Orientation or Training
- 8 hour training; facilitate 2 classes per year
- Attend coach training 3-4 times/year