9 people are interested
Become a "living healthy " instructor/coach and improve the lives of others!
9 people are interested
"A Matter of Balance" is designed to help older adults manage concerns about falls and increase physical activity. Lifespan is training volunteer coaches to provide this program in Livingston County!
- Coaches help participants become more confident about managing falls by knowing they can increase their strength, find ways to reduce falls, and protect themselves if they do fall.
- Full training is provided. The two-part coach training class combines video, group discussion, exercise activities, use of workbook, and practice teaching activities. All materials are supplied.
- Coaches also need to be able to lead low to moderate level exercise.
- Coaches over the age of 55 are particularly sought for peer-led classes.
Instructors are also needed to run chronic disease self-management classes. Help an adult find practical ways to deal with pain and fatigue, discover better nutrition and exercise choices, understand new treatment choices, and learn better ways to talk with your doctor and family about their health.
CONTACT Deb Palumbos: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 585-851-9388.(This opportunity is available to volunteers in both Monroe and Livingston counties. Coaches particularly needed in Livingston County.)
About AmeriCorps Seniors of Livingston County, New York
A Program of Lifespan of Greater Rochester, 3 Murray Hill, Room 272, Mt. Morris, NY 14510, US
Make giving back your second act. AmeriCorps Seniors volunteers bring their unique skillsets and experiences to help our neighbors and communities thrive. Are you ready to learn more? Contact Deb Palumbos, Director of Volunteer Services. Phone 585-851-9388 or Email: email@example.com.
AmeriCorps Seniors recruits and places volunteers age 55 and older in activities that address critical community needs in Livingston County, NY, Volunteers serve as drivers, coaches of health and wellness workshops and advocates for older adults in nursing homes among other placements. .
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
August 7, 2021
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 55
- Orientation or Training
- 8 hour training; facilitate 2 classes per year
- Attend coach training 3-4 times/year