Adult Group Aides work directly with people struggling with mental illness. Under therapists' guidance, and if you are patient and willing to work with people having mental health problems, please read on! We seek one to three people to help our clients become better community members:
- Work directly with clients by encouraging them to participate in groups.
- Initiate interaction with clients; encourage them to follow-through with chores.
- Sit and observe groups being led and collaborate with group leader as needed.
- Assist with keeping supplies full and running errands as needed.
- Make copies of hand-outs for staff and clients.
- Log clients onto computer during breaks.
- We REALLY NEED HELP on WEDNESDAYS from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. (3-hour shifts)
Kenneth Young Center provides community mental health and senior services to the northwest suburbs. Clients and their families come to us in some of their most desperate moments, and we help by providing:
- Service coordination and in-home services for frail elderly persons. Counseling for adults, children, families.
- Assessment, stabilization, linkage for adults/children in psychiatric crisis.
- Treatment, support, and recovery services for those with serious mental illness.
- Volunteer opportunities.
- Life Coaching
- Mental Health
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Spiritual Healing
- Social Work
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 3 hours per week
- Must be comfortable serving adults with disabilities
- Special Events, Party Planner,...
- Adults Social Group Aide--Help...
- WE NEED YOU!--Home-Delivered...
- Hustle for Health--A Family and...
- Home-Delivered MEALS Driver for...
- Help the Helpers! Be a Care...
- Home-Delivered MEALS...
- Student Service / Community...
- Many Hands Make LIGHT...
- Help Seniors remain independent!...
- Finance & accounting...