SAY's EITC (Earned Income Tax Credit) program provides free filing for tax returns for low - to moderate income families and individuals.
Tax Filing Volunteers will receive FREE IRS training (or one can test out if they have accounting/tax preparation experience), relatively flexible time commitment, familiarity with computers, good communication skills with clients to understand financial/tax issues.
This is an excellent opportunity and great experience for students, seniors and professionals!
Location: SAY San Diego Office (Kearny Mesa) and other locations in North Central San Diego
Start Date/End Date: Jan. 25th, 2018 - April 15th, 2018
- Meet and file clients taxes
- Provide basic knowledge of financial and tax information to clients
- Strong verbal and written communication. Ability to communicate in a professional, pleasant and courteous manner.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to prioritize tasks and meet established deadlines.
- Proficient keyboard skills, including typing, word processing
- Ability to keep accurate detailed records
- Ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds
- Fluency in Spanish is a plus but not mandatory
- Must be at least 18 years old
Once a week (Monday through Friday) for 3-4 hours between 9:00am-9:00pm
Training and Support:
Training will be provided--earn a free Tax Preparer certificate from the IRS! Tax volunteers can begin online training as early as December.
In-person software training will be in January. More information to come.
- Gain experience in basic tax filing, business and administration work
- Become familiar with SAY San Diego’s resources
- Pro-bono hours can be provided
- Build community among peers and volunteers
Maria Contreras, Program Supervisor
- ETC / Tax Assistance
- Adult Education
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Once a week (Monday through Friday) for 3-4 hours
- Must complete/pass online training and attend in-person training