As an Volunteer Assistant Events Coordinator, you will lead assist with coordinating special educational
and fundraising events.
- Responsible for assisting with scheduling, planning, coordinating, and executing GLSEN
sponsored events such as GLSEN Conference, Professional Development trainings, and possibly
- Collaborates on all events and serves as lead/point person for specific events.
- Works closely with the Conference Coordinator and other members of the Board of Directors The
Coordinator will ensure the successful promotion, attendance & coordination of events.
Summary of Duties:
- Assist in the project planning and implementation of events, including event promotion,
procurement of project supplies and on site volunteer management
- Assist in creating/reviewing and updating event budgets
- Collaborate with the Conference Committee and Development Committee to promote events
- Collaborate with the Volunteer committee to assist in coordinating volunteers associated with
- Build and strengthen collaborations with GSA student groups and organizations
- Assist in the project planning and implementation of events, including the procurement of
project supplies and on site volunteer management
- Assist, when necessary, with set-up, clean-up and maintenance at events
- Set up chairs, tables & stage for events
- Assist during events with tasks such as waste management, spills, etc.
- Facilitate tear down after events
-Supervise Student Summit Coordinator Assistants.
- Able to organize large & small events
- Able to prioritize tasks
- Friendliness and willingness to interact with people
Time Commitment: 2-4 hours a week increasing to 20 hours during major event weeks.
Minimum Age for Opportunity: 21
- Event Design & Planning
- Strategic Planning
- Event Planning / Management
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 2-4 hours per week