Habitat for Humanity Peninsula and Greater Williamsburg partners with area families, local government, businesses, faith groups, schools, associations and individual volunteers and donors to build safe, decent affordable homes and also to repair homes for lower-income families.
In response to the great need for safe, decent, affordable housing on the Virginia Peninsula, an ecumenical group of individuals formed this local affiliate in 1985.
We started our first home in 1986 and, since then, our affiliate has completed over 130 houses in your own backyard!
There's always room for volunteers at the Habitat for Humanity ReStore! We are looking for motivated individuals to aid in the following areas:
- Sorting through inventory and categorizing items to go out on the store floor
- Cleaning and testing donation items
- Assisting in receiving new shipments of donations
- Assisting customers with questions and providing a welcoming environment at the ReStore
- Accepting donations and handing out tax exempt forms
- Improving the presentation of items for the ReStore
- Loading and unloading the truck as new items come in
- Assisting the truck driver in pickups and helping with navigation
- Answering phone calls from customers and scheduling pickups
- "ReStoring" dilapidated furniture
Everyday is different at the ReStore, but one things stays the same - we need volunteers like you! Note: Volunteer participation will not lead to employment. Hope to see you soon!
- Monday - Saturday
- 9AM - 12PM
- 12PM - 3PM
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training