33 people are interested
Associate Programs Assistant
33 people are interested
The Fenwick Foundation is looking for a volunteer who will work closely with the Programs Management and Planning Director to assist us with the full range of issues and tasks associated with running and operating our Enriching Lives Program. All work can be done from home but requires access to phone and Internet for communications . This is a position for an outgoing and detail-oriented person who also enjoys interaction with "clients" at the facilities and organizations we serve.
Among the on-going responsibilities are
- Help researching possible therapeutic activities and outings for areas we support, specifically focusing on areas we serve including the Greater Washington DC/NOVA/MD and Baltimore, MD areas;
- Helping to promote opportunities with the facilities and organizations we serve;
- Assigning and coordinating ticket assignments to specific organizations and facilities;
- Researching potential program partner organizations;
- Researching potential "virtual" activities opportunities for groups unable to attend activities in person;
- Possible occasional pickup and delivery of tickets from local venues and to groups in the local DC area
- Writing and mailing/emailing thank you letters of appreciation to venue contacts after events
- Social Media involvement-composing sponsor "shout-out" messages as well as postings involving articles relative to our Mission
Help us to make a difference in the lives of seniors, veterans and their caregivers!
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About The Fenwick Foundation
23 N FENWICK ST, ARLINGTON, VA 22201, US
The Fenwick Foundation exists to provide therapeutic social, entertainment and educational opportunities for limited-income individuals living at nursing facilities, other senior facilities, VA Medical Centers/hospitals, facilities serving physically and mentally handicapped individuals, physically ill or convalescing individuals (and caregivers), and/or disadvantaged citizens.
The Fenwick Foundation, a 501(c)(3) public charity, was founded in 2011. The Foundation exists to provide therapeutic social, entertainment and educational opportunities for limited-income individuals living at nursing facilities, other senior facilities, VA Medical Centers/hospitals, facilities serving physically and mentally handicapped individuals, physically ill or convalescing individuals (and caregivers), and/or disadvantaged citizens. Our purpose is simply (but not unimportantly) to enrich their lives -- to give people with very limited means a chance to "get out of the house" and/or to enjoy a "change of pace" with in-house events.
Our sponsored activities include providing free tickets to attend professional athletic events (e.g. baseball games, basketball games, football games, hockey matches, etc.); professional and community-based performing arts events (e.g. choirs, orchestras, bands, performing artists, theater performances, etc.); and educational events (e.g. professional seminars, arts lectures, entertainment and/or performance artists’ lectures and discussions, etc.). We also sponsor "in-house" performing events, where we are able to serve and have participation by a larger number of residents.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
August 15, 2021
- Administrative Support
- Program Management
- Critical Thinking
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Commitment and ability to meet deadlines.
- Curiosity and internet researching skills