Tutors Needed for GED Classes
Help people reach their goals by volunteering to teach one-on-one classes for people wishing to obtain their GED.
Requirements include a 4 year degree, or in the process of obtaining 4 year degree in any major, patience, and enthusiasm for teaching others. Volunteers can teach a wide variety of subjects, including reading comprehension, grammar, and math.
Orientation, training, materials, and curriculum are all included. Tutor will then have the ability to work independently with the student. Tutor and student will schedule a place and time to meet that is convenient for both people. The CSIU asks for a flexible commitment of 3-4 hours a week for 4-6 months.
The CSIU provides free GED classes because of the devoted volunteers that assist people in reaching their dreams. Tutors will find that not only are they helping the student to learn, but that they are also a mentor in the student’s lives.
90 Lawton Lane, Milton, PA 17847, US
The Central Susquehanna Intermediate Unit... BUILDS partnerships with schools and communities SERVES established and emerging constituencies INSPIRES individuals and organizations to reach their highest potential ENCOURAGES teamwork, cooperation and diversity STRIVES for innovation and excellence TO CREATE THE FUTURE
The CSIU (Central Susquehanna Intermediate Unit) was founded in 1995 and since then has been committed to providing education and support resources for all ages and all types of people. CSIU believes that:
- Children are first and are the future
- Lifelong learning is vital
- Every individual has unique talents, perspectives, and contributions
- Diverse staff, clients, and programs build strength
- Teamwork and partnerships are essential
- Effective, open communication and mutual respect foster trust
- Innovative, responsive, cost-effective and client-centered services are paramount.