Sutter Health Mills-Peninsula Health Services mission is dedicated to preserving and improving the health of San Mateo County residents. We deliver excellent service and care with compassion and respect. By providing education for disease prevention and management, we empower people to take a greater role in their own health and wellness. Furthermore, we are committed to maintaining a stable financial base.
Volunteer opportunities available include the following:
Auxiliary Officer: positions include Auxiliary officer, President, Board Member, Director at Large, North Peninsula Council, Secretary, Treasurer and Vice President.
Auxiliary Support: Volunteers provide direct support to MPHS Auxiliary. Responsible for tracking hours of service for the purpose of rewarding health services volunteers for their efforts. Order and distribute pins to volunteer recipients. Enters data information and maintains Auxiliary records. The junior Auxiliary handles the youth component of Auxiliary. Keeps up archives, collects, sorts, and complies historical information about the Auxiliary and Mills-Peninsula Health Services.
Office and Clinic Support: Volunteers perform clerical task in departments and clinic settings through out the Mills and Peninsula facilities. Clerical task include filing, data management, assembly of informational packets. Volunteer assignment locations: Endoscopy, Foundation, Health Information (medical records), Intensive Care Unit, Lifeline office support, Medical Library, Occupational Therapy, Patient Activities, Quality Management, Radiology, and Women's Center.
Reception and Information: Lobby desk volunteer duties include answering visitors questions, providing directions, and assisting visitors to their destinations as needed. Surgery reception volunteers also serve as a link between surgery and the patients family by providing very basic information about the patient's status.
Shop Cashier and Stock Management: Volunteers work as cashiers and stock persons. Locations include Peninsula Medical Center Gift Shop, Mills Health Center Healing Store, and Mills Health Center Grab-N-Go (selling sandwiches and snacks off cart).
Transportation Volunteer: Provides wheelchair transportation to incoming or discharging patients.
** Please specify which volunteer job you are interested in at time of inquery.**
- Office Reception
- People Skills
- Data Entry
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 55
- Orientation or Training
- depends on volunteer job
- TB testing may be required for certian parts of the hospital or clinic
- Reading Tutor - Reading Partners
- Kitchen/ Food Pantry - Samaritan...
- Habitat For Humanity Greater SF...
- Radio Operator - Blackberry...
- Early Literacy Program - Avenidas
- Society of St. Vincent de Paul -...
- Samaritan House - Administration...
- Homeless Help Kitchen - Society...
- Get up & Go Volunteer -...
- Mills-Peninsula Health Services
- Caring Cupboard - City of San...
- Senior Nutrition
- SFO Travelers Information
- Monkey Toy Project - Los Altos...
- Meals on Wheels - Meal Delivery...
- Peninsula Family Service - 70...
- San Mateo County Sheriff's Office
- Friendship Center Host/ Hostess-...
- Project Read Literacy Tutor
- Habitat for Humanity Greater SF...