- WINGS operates a Domestic Violence Safe House that offers short term shelter and services for women and children seeking immediate help. There is a large commercial kitchen where only certified food handlers can prepare food as stated in the food sanitization license, or work along side a food handler already certified.
- Currently we have 1 employee who share the cooking duties. After preparation, the meal is usually refrigerated or frozen with instructions for later re-heating and serving.
- Much of the food comes in from the Greater Chicago Food Depositary or from donations. Funds for additional ingredients are available, but limited.- Currently each cook creates their own recipes.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- - Completion of the 40 Hour Domestic Violence Trai
- Niles Resale Store
- Help Suburban Latinas flee from...
- Schaumburg Resale Store Cashier
- Arlington Heights Resale Store...
- Be a Friend - Become a Safe...
- Maintenance Volunteer
- Special Events and Fundraising...
- Logistic Center Volunteer
- Answer the Crisis Line at our...
- Cook - Safe House Chicago Metro
- Niles Resale Store Cashier