Position: 12-15 hours/week - Hours can work around class schedule;
will cover transportation costs, mileage reimbursement or trans/railpass.
Internship Responsibilities include assisting with:
- Grant writing and funding applications
- Managing grant seeking, including monitoring grants calendar, proposal development, prospect research and stewardship reports
- Managing donor database; recording/acknowledging gifts and database output
- Managing direct mail campaign including preparation of letters, mailings, volunteer recruitment/supervision and donor recognition.
Candidates should possess:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated results-oriented human relations skills
- Ability to draft solicitation letters, grant requests and sincere and thoughtful acknowledgement letters.
- Ability to plan, organize and manage a wide range of projects to meet deadlines with minimal supervision
- Candidates must be in pursuit of a Bachelor of Arts or Sciences; major in a Communications-related field (Journalism, Public Relations, English, etc.) a plus.
- PC skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office; familiarity with DonorPerfect, a plus
- Resourcefulness, creativity and a drive to achieve measurable results
Interested candidates should forward resume, two writing samples and two references (professor or employer) to: email@example.com.
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 19
- 12 - 15 hours / week