Considering Fostering? Here Are Some Things You Should Know!
All Ruff Start Rescue Fosters MUST:
- Have all of their pets spayed/neutered and up to date on vetting. No exceptions!
- Be patient! There is no set amount of time a foster pet will be at your home. We do not want to have to move foster pets from one foster home to another. Constant moving can really set back their rehabilitation. We do expect our fosters to be patient and keep their foster pet until they get adopted.
- Be willing to work with their foster pets. Many of these animals are coming directly from shelter environments, have been picked up as strays, came from a life inside of a small cage at a puppy mill or were treated with malicious intent. Many simply have no idea how to behave inside of a home. It's not their fault, and they can learn with PATIENCE, GUIDANCE, LOVE, and CONSISTENCY.
- Attend at least one Adoption Event a month.
- Have the foster animals on a leash when outside at ALL time, unless you have a completely fenced in yard.
- Exercise their foster pet adequately. Foster dogs are expected to have daily walks.
- Be willing to drive their foster pet to their vet appointments at one of the Vet clinics we work with.
- Give their foster pets their medication if they need it! If your foster pet needs medication, you will be expected to give them their medication on time and in the correct doses.
- Send updates on their foster pets to their Placement Coordinator on a regular basis. This would include the foster pet's likes, dislikes, biographies, and of course...lots of pictures!! These will all need to be kept as up to date as possible.
- Supervise their foster pet at all times. When no one is at home, the foster pets should be baby gated or crated, if necessary, for safety.
- You must have your own home owners insurance or renters liability coverage before fostering with RSR.
**There are always animals that need a loving foster home and we will work with you to determine the ones that will best fit with your lifestyle. **
Questions about becoming a foster? Feel free to email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Animal Care / Handling
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Must Live in Minnesota
- Foster Coordinator
- Vetting Assistant (help keep...
- Volunteer Coordinator
- Fundraising Committee Members
- Home Visit Volunteers
- Help an Animal in Need by...
- Vetting Coordinator
- Website Design and Development...
- Feline Owner Surrender Intake...
- Placement Coordinator
- Education Committee Members Needed
- Adoption Day Event Coordinator