Help Respond to Natural and Manmade Disasters- Join the Greater Prince William Medical Reserve Corps
32 people are interested
The Medical Reserve Corps (MRC) is a national network of volunteers, organized locally to improve the health and safety of their communities. The MRC network comprises over 850 community-based units and over 180,000 volunteers located throughout the United States and its territories.
MRC volunteers include medical and public health professionals, as well as other community members without healthcare backgrounds. MRC units engage these volunteers to strengthen public health, improve emergency response capabilities and build community resiliency. They prepare for and respond to natural disasters, such as hurricanes, tornados, blizzards, and floods, as well as other emergencies affecting public health, such as disease outbreaks. They frequently contribute to community health activities that promote healthy habits.
You never know when your community might need you.
The success of our response to a large-scale public health event, such as a pandemic or bioterrorism attack, depends on how quickly and effectively we can mobilize MRC volunteers.
What could MRC Volunteers do?
- Train on various emergency management and public health topics.
- Educate the community on emergency preparedness, and public health as a whole.
- Provide an important surge capacity during a large-scale medical emergency.
- Assist with mass prophylaxis of our community.
- Assist with the management of large communicable disease outbreaks.
- Assist with the distribution of the Strategic National Stockpile supplies and equipment.
- Assist with administrative and other essential support functions.
- Assist environmental health in preserving water, food, and human safety.
- Assist community organizations with volunteer support.
About Greater Prince William MRC
8470 Kao Circle, Manassas, VA 20110, US
The Greater Prince William Medical Reserve Corps is a cadre of volunteer health care professionals and community members trained to respond to public health emergencies and support public health events in Prince William County and the cities of Manassas and Manassas Park. This unit is one of approximately 800 units that are part of the national Medical Reserve Corps program under the direction of the Office of the U. S. Surgeon General and 1 of 31 in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
The Greater Prince William Medical Reserve Corps recruits for practicing, retired or otherwise employed medical professionals, as well as, community members with non-medical skills. Physicians, pharmacists, nurses, epidemiologists, dentists, and paramedics are just a sampling of the medical community that has been tapped for service. Clergy, translators, administrative assistants, IT personnel, and other members without a medical background are also encouraged to consider becoming a part of our unit.
We'll work with your schedule.
Greater Prince William Medical Reserve Corps8470 Kao CircleManassas, VA 20110
- Disaster Response
- Safety & Disaster Education
- First Aid / CPR
- Administrative Support
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training