We can’t do it without you! Must presently be attending College/University!
The ideal student intern with AID Atlanta's Fundraising and Events Department will gain vital hands-on work experience in a non-profit setting, in the areas of relationship building, fundraising, event management, research and development, social media marketing, website data support, and strategic planning. **Undergraduate BA degree track students are encouraged to apply**
Internship Duration: April 1 - October 31, 2018 (Multiple semesters preferred, but not required).
Application Deadline: March 1, 2018
Stipend offered: YES
Essential Intern Duties and Responsibilities:
-5K Intern: Cultivate working relationships within Atlanta’s Run communities.
-Volunteer Intern: Assist with volunteer recruitment, canvassing, volunteer management.
-Social Media/Marketing Intern: Utilize social media platforms to expand reach to existing and new AIDS Walk Atlanta & 5K Run participants.
-Teams Recruitment Intern: Serves as Team Captain fundraising liaison through recruitment engagement; Manages participant experiences.
- Assist the Director with AIDS Walk event logistics, AIDS Walk Atlanta & 5K Run recruitment, and pre-event promotions and post-event appreciation event.
- Identify new potential prospects for community support and manage participant leads.
- Provide data entry support for data base utilization.
- Answer email correspondence and respond to questions from attendees and participants.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent written and oral communication/interpersonal skills
- Experience in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook.
- Social Media savvy (preferred but not required).
- Experience in Graphic Design Program (a plus but not required).
- Customer Service /Participant Recruitment
Good Match For Students in the following Major Degree Programs of Study:
- Public Relations / Communications Sales Marketing / Creative Strategy
- Sports Media / Sports Marketing Sports Management/ Event Management
- Business/ Office Management Non-Profit Management / Recreation Management
- Benefits to the Student:
- Helping our valued clients affected and infected by HIV/AIDS, receive the much-needed sustainable resources and support they deserve through community engagement efforts.
- Creating an effective and measurable community relations campaign.
- Gained theory based research skills.
- Development and growth of best processes and practices for non-profit fundraising.
- Experience in planning and executing one of the largest HIV/AIDS Awareness events in the Southeast Region of the country, AIDS Walk Atlanta & 5K Run.
- Requirements & Commitment:
- Very detail oriented and organized.
- Thorough and motivated; Quick learner, Self-starter.
- Works independent at times on assigned projects, and also works well on a team and with different personality types.
- Manages multiple tasks and can meets deadlines in a timely manner.
- Professional in attire and appearance.
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality regarding sensitive company data.
- Ability to lift 25-50 lbs.
- Driver's License Needed AND must have own reliable transportation.
- Background Check needed and must attend orientation or training
- ***** To be considered for this internship, the individual must be currently enrolled in college or university as a junior or senior level student. Please include the following:
- Recent resume with a professional cover letter, and phone number for a pre-interview.
- Please submit a writing sample highlighting why you would be the best candidate for this internship. Please note real life experiences and/or interests examples. (Please submit resume AND writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Must complete and return a Memorandum of Agreement between your College/University internship coordinator and to AID Atlanta. MOA will be emailed to you if selected.
- Interns must commit to 240 hours and 20 hours per week, (the length of the course/semester) OR 45 hours for each credit hour he/she signs up over a period of 8-15 weeks. (We will work with the intern’s schedule if also employed during this internship.)
- Sales Marketing
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Social Media / Blogging
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum 20 hours/week for 240 hours
- This is for class assigment or graduation. Prefer multiple terms (but not required), AIDS 101