We are looking for an ongoing system administrator for about one hour a week. One thing we need is someone who can review our set-up to see if it's good or could be improved, and then be among the people we call if we have a system admin problem or need some advice.
We especially need someone who knows EC2’s auto-scaling and ELB load-balancing. Or who has existing auto scripts (or can quickly do them) to bring up and take down EC2 instances based on traffic needs.
We have about 90 percent of it figured out, and we need help with the remaining 10 percent.
Our first website is: http://DailySource.org/
The site’s mission is to bring high-quality news and information from around the Internet to the public in order to help them and the world. You can read more about it here: http://DailySource.org/about/site
Check out our innovative World Wealth Calculator, http://WorldWealthCalculator.org, that the top economist at the World Bank volunteered to help us create.
These are other pre-beta sites in the works:
We developed DailySource using Ruby on Rails, MySQL, and a good amount of AJAX.
If you think you might be interested in these, please let us know the following:
* Your resume (or the equivalent information such as work experience and skills, or LinkedIn profile). In particular, let us know your skill level in EC2 overall, in ELB and in AWS’ auto-scaling; and the number of sites you've worked on using those.
* If English is not your native tongue, please let us know the levels of your written and verbal English.
- IT Strategy
- IT Management
- Basic Computer Skills
- IT Consulting
- Security / Network Administration
- Software Engineering
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Editor for top-quality daily...
- Marketing and social media for...
- News editor for great daily news...
- Seeking news editor for social...
- Front page editor for great news...
- Front page editor for cutting...
- Telecommuting AWS EC2 system...
- Content editor needed at daily...
- Front page editor for top...
- Front Page Editor for cutting...