Magee Rehabilitation Hospital has a greenhouse. Patients can use it as part of horticultural therapy. Volunteer will be responsible for monitoring patients who visit the greenhouse. They must interact with the patients and pay attention to their needs (hydration, getting them materials for planting). He/she may be required to call for the elevator attendant or nursing floor to have the patient escorted out of the greenhouse. Volunteers can use downtime to maintain greenhouse. Maintenance involves activities such as preparation of fresh flowers as they come in, prep for groups, washing of plants, watering, etc. It is required that the volunteer attends an ongoing orientation approximately one hour per month.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 14
- Orientation or Training
- 2hrs per shift. Sign-up for 1 of 7 shifts, M-F
- Accessibility needs: Bending; lifting up to 30 pou
- Outpatient (Riverfront)...
- Activities Volunteer - Concierge...
- Lead Others to Volunteer at Magee!
- Riverfront Outpatient Greeter
- Discharge Transition Caller
- Resource Center Library...
- Healing Garden/Greenhouse...
- Art Therapy Studio Helper
- Dining Services Volunteer
- Summer Watering-Plants need care...
- Department Volunteer Assistant
- Help patients with essential...
- Day Room Volunteer
- AYA Room - Young Adult Computer...