YMCA CAMP SEYMOUR BRANCH ADVISORY
The Branch Advisory Council works in cooperation with the Branch Executive Director to develop and maintain a branch which provides quality service to its members, is responsive to the needs of its community, and furthers the goals of the Association.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE BRANCH ADVISORY COUNCIL
1. Work with branch staff to determine, monitor, and strengthen branch programs and services to assure quality service to members and effective community outreach within established Association guidelines.
2. Support branch staff in identifying, developing, and implementing program initiatives which are in alignment with - and further - Association strategic goals.
3. Provide leadership to the branch Strong Kids Campaign to finance outreach efforts and provide financial assistance; support Association capital and endowment efforts.
4. Provide for ongoing Advisory Council development - recruit Advisory Council members, elect Chair and Vice Chair, and organize work groups (e.g., task forces and/or special projects) to support the work of the branch in achieving the goals of the Association.
5. Provide feedback to branch staff in evaluating branch services and programs based on established performance measures.
6. Enhance public standing of the branch in the community; be an advocate for the Y.
7. Communicate with, and provide input to, the Association Board of Directors through the Branch Advisory Council Chair and Vice Chair who serve as members of the Association Council.
EXPECTATIONS OF BRANCH ADVISORY COUNCIL MEMBERS
1. Attend regularly and participate constructively in Branch Advisory Council meetings.
2. Give leadership to, or participate on, Branch Advisory Council workgroups and events as requested (such as task forces or special projects).
3. Make a personal contribution of $1,000 or more to the annual Strong Kids Campaign, recruit additional campaigners, and secure contributions from others.
4. Act as an ambassador, interpreting and promoting the work of the Y in the community.
5. Participate in local, state, regional, and national YMCA activities and events, as appropriate.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 25
- Orientation or Training
- 1 years