Do you love nature and enjoy working with people? Our Volunteer Hosts greet the public, answer questions from the public, check people in for programs, work with Nature Center Staff, and answer telephone calls. They may occasionally help with office work, computer work, program preparation, and exhibits.
Volunteer Hosts are people-oriented and take pride in their role as representatives of the Montgomery County Parks Department!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Learn about the program offerings, resources and interpretation.
2. Greet visitors.
3. Answer visitor inquiries or direct to appropriate staff.
4. Take messages for staff.
5. Answer telephone inquiries or direct to appropriate staff.
6. Occasionally help with office administrative work, computer work, and program/exhibit preparation.
7. Check people in for programs.
This is a long term volunteer job that requires a committment of at least 6 months.
If interested, please go to www.ParksVolunteers.org to see more and to sign up!
- People Skills
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 4 hour shifts, schedule to be worked out
- Good Communicators, detail oriented, like working with the public