29 people are interested
Are you enthusiastic about ocean awareness and conservation issues? Do you want to learn more about the inner workings of an independent film festival while serving your community? The International Ocean Film Festival is seeking a Filmmaker Liaison.
The Filmmaker Liaison plays a key role in the overall film solicitation, screening and projection of the film program of the IOFF. As a key team member, you would have the opportunity to work closely with the Programming Coordinator, the Screening Committee and the Executive Director, to ensure that the ovreall experience for the filmmaker with the festival is fun, special, unique, and rewarding. This position serves as the secondary point of contact with all of the filmmakers and supporting the Screening Committee in it's review and final selection of films. It's a great opportunity to learn more about the behind the scenes of a film festival.
- Research and solicitation of films
- Assist in maintaining the 2020 film submission database
- Coordinate bi-weekly Screening Committee meetings starting Sept. 10th
- Serve as the primary contact person with all submitting filmmakers to obtain all key information
- Correspond with attending filmmakers with regards to their hospitality and travel plans
- Assist with organizing program content
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Friendly, outgoing personality
- Quick thinker, problem solver, great attention to detail
- MS Office - Word, Excel, proficiency with GoogleDocs
- Event planning experience helpful
- Passionate about working to raise awareness about the ocean
We are requesting a long-term commitment (June 13, 2019 - March 30, 2020) consisting of 6-8 hours per week in the beginning, leading to more hours as we get closer to to the fllm festival in March 2020. This position is based in our Presidio office, but after initial training, all work can be done remotely. This volunteer role is ideal for an undergraduate or graduate student with an interest in filmmaking, independent film festivals and/or event coordination. An interest in ocean conservation is a must.
To be considered, please send an email and resume LinkedIn profile to email@example.com with the subject line of FILMMAKER LIAISON.
1007 General Kennedy Ave (Presidio)Suite 205San Francisco, CA 94129
- Customer Service
- Event Planning / Management
- Database Administration
- Visual Arts
- 6 - 8 hours a week