Enthusiastic about ocean awareness and conservation issues? Have an interest in independent film festivals? Want to learn more about the inner workings of media relations at a nonprofit organization? The San Francisco International Ocean Film Festival is seeking a Media Relations Intern. This is a great opportunity for the right candidate to gain exposure to the independent film community while honing their PR/media skills.
- Maintain media contact database
- Draft announcements for upcoming events, press releases and other media-related correspondence
- Work closely with Executive Director, Marketing Committee and Social Media Coordinator on event promotion strategies
We are requesting a 3 month commitment of 6-8 hours per week. This position is based in our Presidio office but has some flexibility for telecommuting. This would be perfect for an undergraduate or graduate student studying Public Relations, Media Relations, Marketing or other associated degree. To get involved, please send your resume, a short email about yourself, a link to your Twitter account, why you are interested in working with SFIOFF, and your weekly and longer-term availability to email@example.com.
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Public Relations
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment