37 people are interested
The Lint Center for National Security Studies is looking for a Marketing Coordinator or Intern to expand the outreach of our niche organization. As an all-volunteer staff, we thrive on the work of individuals passionate about National Security and Counterintelligence. All of our work is done virtually, so it's of the utmost importance that any new members of our Team have established computer, Internet, and social media access and experience. The new Marketing Coordinator or Intern will pursue both an established plan of action set forth by the Marketing and Communications Team and offer input to expand outreach further.
We want Passion, Creativity, and Consistency.
- Marketing or Communications major/degree or equivalent experience
- Interest or experience with International Relations or National Security
- Familiarity with social media: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn
- 5-10 hours per week to devote to marketing output
- Consistent and frequent social media output: posting self-authored blogs, daily Tweets (articles from reputable sources as dictated by the Lint Center management Team), coordinated Facebook postings with other social media postings
- Expand presence by identifying new sources of outreach (sites, popular blogs, organizations)
- Creativity in creating captivating and engaging social media posts and/or ads on websites
- Ability to incorporate the mission of the Lint Center into posts and ads
- Dedication to getting the word out about the Center (right now we have about 370 "likes" on Facebook and about 460 followers on Twitter and we’d like for this to increase drastically)
- Tracking of interest in and awareness of the Center (ex., general patterns of "likes" and follows increasing and decreasing)
- Identifying target markets of interest and avenues by which to access these markets
- Increasing accessibility and visibility of posts and ads
- Assuming the Lint Center Marketing and Communications Team's established plan of action
- Graphic design experience
- Prior non-profit experience
We'll work with your schedule.
This is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- 5-10 hours per week