**Help Local Seniors By Driving Them to Appointments**
DONATE TO THIS
88 people are interested
This is the most flexible volunteer opportunity in town! We are looking for volunteers who are willing to use their own car twice a month to take a senior to their medical appointment and other important places.
HOW WOULD YOU GET AROUND VEGAS IF YOU COULD NO LONGER DRIVE?
Our Valley is home to hundreds of seniors who are facing this reality today. So, wrap your helping hands around your steering wheel and help a senior!
Helping Hands of Vegas Valley uses a state of the art transportation scheduling program that makes it easy for our volunteer drivers to sign up for those trips that work best for their schedule. Trips typically last between two to four hours.
All volunteers use their own vehicle* to transport clients and must:
- pass a background screening
- have a safe driving record with a current Nevada driver’s license
- maintain proper auto insurance and a safe car
- attend a four-hour training class
- agree to volunteer for at least a year and take at least 2 trips per month
- must be someone who checks and responds to emails on a daily basis
- must have access to a printer to print out driving assignments
*Please note: this is completely voluntary; mileage reimbursement is not provided
We'll work with your schedule.
Various LocationsLas Vegas, NV 89102
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Routes typically require 4 hour blocks of time
- use email on a daily basis