- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
29 people are interested
BCA Global is searching for an intern to assist us for the 2018 year. Here is a bit of information about the BCA. In today's changing and challenging environment education will be a minimum requirement to attain career success and advancement in any industry. The same holds true for the culinary and hospitality industry, the largest industry in America today. As the foodservice industry continues to develop, it will depend upon the services of a highly trained workforce. BCA plays an important role in preparing students and professionals of color (Asian-American, Native America, Hispanic, and Black) with the specialized skills needed for this field which translates to social-economic empowerment for themselves and their families. As a key resource to the industry supporting a diverse pool of qualified young people, the BCA creates the opportunity to advance the growth of diversity from a grassroots and foundational level and serves an important niche. That is why BCA strives to increase programs through support so we may continue to provide educational information and industry exposure which will help individuals become valuable employees crucial to the continued growth of the culinary and hospitality industry today and the future. The BCA methodology of bridging foodservice and diversity excellence will also be the strategic platform and vehicle to introduce the importance of food sustainability, waste reduction, and health issues presently not being addressed in urban foodservice and communities.
Please check out our website, www.bcaglobal.org for more information on our organization.
Hours: 10-20 hours per week with flexible scheduling.
Location: Office located at 417 5th Ave
College Credit: We will cooperate with your school to help you attain credit for your internship.
- Should be literate in Microsoft Suite (primarily Word and Excel)
- Some experience with website maintenance preferred but not required
- Experienced with general website research
- Familiar and able to update social media (Facebook, Linked In, Twitter, Social Oomph, etc.)
- Able to assist management staff with daily/periodic projects
- Able to assist management with various aspects of event planning
- Comfortable with general administrative work (Correspondence, filing, answering phones, etc.)
- Able to assist in the development of our membership services
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Creative and innovative thinking; able to bring new ideas to our expanding organization
- Able to work well independently
- Pays strong attention to detail
Interested, please send a detailed cover letter stating your qualifications and interest in the BCA as the e-mail body and a resume at email@example.com
We'll work with your schedule.
417 5th AveNew York, NY 10016
- Event Management
- Social Media / Blogging
- Grant Writing / Research
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Must be at least 21